Saturday, July 15

Blue Mink’s Melting Pot

A concept my generation once thought more likely than not, that led to Diane Abbott riding pillion on Jeremy Corbyn’s motorcycle, appears to have fallen prey to contemporary mores. According to a YouGov survey only 9.4 per cent of white people are enthusiastic about dating someone from a different racial group, with only 5.0 per cent of under-24s having actually dated outside their own racial background. Like most I’m dubious of polls – and this one seems a bit extreme. If it is an accurate assessment then we’re in more trouble than I thought.

2 comments:

Tim Worstall said...

Might be worth controlling for those who live in an area with a larger than usual number of efnics.

Areas of your part of the world would have, if there was to be inter racial dating, all the lads in the village dating the same girl. I'm reasonably sure there are swathes of London where the inter racial marriage rate is higher than 10%.

As ever, legover depends upon opportunity more than much else.

Bernie Gudgeon said...

As usual I’m writing tongue in cheek to get a response out friends that live in Dudley and Catford. If – during the course of an average month – I see three black faces or three women wearing headscarves, I’ve experienced a major multicultural event.